ROADRUNNER PILOT CAR SERVICES
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Leadership, Family, Food, And Football
|Posted on February 1, 2014 at 10:59 AM|
Here at Roadrunner Pilot Car Services our winter months are usually slow, this is a transportation standard in the Heavy Haul industry. Most heavy haul truck companies take breaks in the winter because of ice and snow on the roads. With the holidays most of the drivers relish this down time with family, food and football. Every year at this time we foster new plans to increase our winter revenue and capture what little of the industry is still out there working.
Although our winter work is increasing year by year we are still slow and have more down time than we would like. We utilize this time to work on much needed maintenance of our vehicles, we also work on improving other areas of our business. This winter we are focusing on improving leadership in our ourselves as well as our networks.
This winter is a rather special one, my football team is going to the super bowl, yea!!! I was born and raised in Colorado; I am a third generation native and all the generations before me rooted for the Broncos. Payton Manning has definitely made a huge difference to the Bronco organization, when speaking of leadership, this is an area where Payton Manning excels. Payton Manning is an example of what leadership is, from his daily life activities to, his relationship with his teammates and football organization. He makes a difference in the lives of everyone he comes in contact with.
I have been very fortunate to have people like Payton come into my life who have helped me in my journey of success, one of those people came into my life when I was in my late 20’s and I am very proud to call him my friend, he like Payton has made a huge difference in people’s lives he recently wrote an amazing article about Payton Manning and leadership principals, I would like to share that with you.
By TC. North
Five leadership traits of Peyton Manning
Denver seems to be levitating; it’s more than a mile high these days, and it’s not just a result of the new cannabis law! Bronco mania is back, and it’s returned with a vengeance.
The Broncos have had a transformational year under the leadership of their new quarterback Peyton Manning …and for the first time since John Elway quarterbacked the team, the Broncos are playing in the big show. Why has Manning had such a transformational impact on this team? Part of it is his physical skills, but part is pure leadership. Here are five of his leadership traits that make him great:
1. Have honor. While eating dinner at a restaurant, I was joking around with our server, Liz, and she said something that made me belly-laugh. Here’s the conversation that ensued:
(TC) Your tip just went up!
(Liz) Yeah, we’ll see.
(TC) Have you ever received an outrageously large tip?
(Liz) Once. It was when I served Peyton Manning’s table when he was here negotiating with the Broncos.
(TC) Really! Can you tell us how much he tipped you?
(Liz) Yes, he had a table of about eight people including family members. He was delightful and a gentleman all evening. When it came time for him to have a private discussion with the Broncos without his family present, he tipped me $500. He then asked if I would make sure that his one family member who had one too many drinks got upstairs to the hotel room safely. I said I would be happy to, and he gave me an additional $100. So, he tipped me $600 total!
During Manning’s contract negotiations he made sure that the Broncos protected their interests in case he wasn’t able to perform at the level they expected because of his neck injury. He didn’t want to be paid if he didn’t perform as expected. (How often does that happen?) Peyton Manning is a man of honor, whether it’s how he treats a server at dinner or when he’s negotiating a multi million-dollar contract. He’s the kind of person our kids can and should look up to.
2. Excel with unrelenting fire. Manning’s passion has been revived with his new team, offensive system and coach, Adam Gase. Passion is contagious. Knowshon Moreno caught it. Who would have predicted Moreno would rush for over 1,000 yards this year? The man is filled with passion. He brought a ton of his own, and he feeds off of Manning’s. This is a great video clip of Moreno celebrating a first down and also of humongous passionate tears streaming down his face after the end of the national anthem as a game was about to begin.
3. Be maniacal in your preparation. Manning’s preparation includes an enormous amount of detail, one of the characteristics he is most known for. He’s raised the level of preparation of the whole team. His teammates have so much respect for him that they emulate his preparation and have learned that details matter—a lot. When you execute with more detail, you gain a great advantage.
4. Be seriously funny. Manning is serious about winning, but he also knows how to have fun. If you’ve ever seen him on commercials or Saturday Night Live, you know he has a great sense of humor, and his teammates say that he’s not above a good practical joke.
5. Be willing to fail … in order to succeed. Manning demonstrated his courage in overcoming four surgeries to his neck to return to football. He took a big risk; there was no guarantee that he would physically perform the way he used to. He’d played his whole career with the Colts, and when they released him, took a chance with a different organization. The Colts no longer believed in his abilities, but he did, and he is willing to lay it on the line again. Everyone believes now!
Win or lose, Manning and the Broncos have given us a great high. Colorado has a football team and a leader that we can be proud of for many reasons. The only other thing that could have made the ride even better—is if we still had the Barrel Man.Go Broncos!
You can read more articles that TC has written at www.TCNorth.com
Categories: on the road to success
Post a Comment
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Reply TC North
5:08 PM on February 1, 2014
Thanks for sharing my article with your readers. In addition to posting on my website I published the article on CoBiz ww.cobizmag.com and it's currently the #2 most popular article. I've received such heart warming comments! Becky, you you have honor, just like Peyton Manning, I want your clients to know that. Now … for that multi-million dollar contract negotiation!
Reply Divorce Attorney Gilbert
2:20 PM on February 10, 2014
I agree with each and every conclusions made on this topic like Family Law Questions. It is really very informative. Thanks for sharing.keep it up
Reply Family Law Glendale
2:20 PM on February 10, 2014
Nice post.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! I've been looking for books of this nature for a way too long. I'm just glad that I found yours. Looking forward for your next post. Thanks
11:07 AM on August 27, 2021
https://buystromectolon.com/ - Stromectol
5:18 AM on August 28, 2021
where to buy cialis online forum
Reply propecia online australia
12:35 PM on August 29, 2021
Asthma Inhalers Over The Counter
4:29 AM on August 30, 2021
https://buystromectolon.com/ - Stromectol
9:46 AM on August 31, 2021
rogaine or propecia
Reply buy cheap finasteride
12:01 PM on August 31, 2021
1:31 PM on August 31, 2021
http://buypropeciaon.com/ - Propecia
Reply stromectol amazon
3:53 AM on September 1, 2021
Cialis 20 Efectos Secundarios
Reply brand cialis online
9:55 PM on September 5, 2021
Viagra Posologie Vidal
Reply cialis tadalafil
3:14 AM on September 6, 2021
generic prescription cialis drug availability
4:29 AM on September 6, 2021
9:19 AM on September 7, 2021
10:57 PM on September 7, 2021
https://buypropeciaon.com/ - propecia hair loss
4:54 AM on September 9, 2021
mixing viagra and cialis
12:46 PM on September 9, 2021
buying cialis online reviews
5:11 PM on September 11, 2021
https://buytadalafshop.com/ - Cialis
Reply ivermectin for humans amazon
8:12 PM on September 11, 2021
cialis user review
Oops, you forgot something.